Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Recipe links

I have been an inconsistent poster of late. Sorry regular readers! I blame my travelin' man and rambunctious monkeys.

  1. Heidi Swanson's Spiced Coconut Spinach on 101 Cookbooks. Still on my spinach bender - I must be going through 4 to 6 cups a day! Note: on this recipe, at the time of my posting, Heidi has forgotten to indicate when to add the shallot/garlic paste. I would do it just before toasting the spices. I'll try it and let you know if that works.
  2. Oooooh, pretty. Ribboned Asparagus Salad with Lemon at Smitten Kitchen.
  3. Easiest Bean or Grain Salad on the Planet Recipe. A very flexible recipe and good guidance for those of us looking to increase our bean and whole grain consumption this spring. Mark Bittman.
  4. Also from Mark Bittman's site, Halibut Steaks with Creamy Saffron Sauce.
  5. Melissa Clark's Olive Oil Banana Bread via xo breakfast. Whole wheat flour, dark chocolate, lemon and olive oil together with potassium packed bananas? I think I could get my doctor to prescribe this!
  6. And because we are closing in on strawberry season, another Heidi Swanson recipe, this one from her new cookbook. According to the interview she gave to Design Sponge, it's her favourite recipe in the book - Roasted Strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment