- Coconut and brown rice pudding. Mark Bittman
- A fantastic way to use up leftover pasta and extra greens and avocado, Heidi's Spring Pasta. 101 Cookbooks
- Barley Salad. Some barley, cucumber, feta, mint...what a fresh start to spring! Cookstr
- Vegetable Biryani. My husband has been in India for a week and a half and just announced today he has hit the Indian food wall. :-) I'll have to wait a few weeks before I try this recipe! Cookstr
- Asparagus, two ways. Food52
- Also from Food52, also asparagus, Absurdly Addictive Asparagus, 'cause that is the best recipe name I've come across in weeks.
- Strawberry scuffins.That's a scone crossed with a muffin and another Kim Boyce whole grain recipe via the Washington Post and xo breakfast.
- And finally my own favourite breakfast recipe this week, poached egg on spinach. Lots of spinach, sauteed and seasoned with good salt (I use Maldon) and some fresh lemon juice. Top with an egg poached to your liking. A little pepper. Bada bing bada boom.
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Monday, April 11, 2011
- Spring vegetables in parchment from The Wednesday Chef.
- Also from The Wednesday Chef, Molly O'Neill's roasted carrot and red lentil soup.
- Butter glazed radishes from Orangette. Ok - that may sound odd, but Molly has never let me down before.
- Raw beet salad from Mark Bittman. Yum.
- Kim Boyce's oatmeal pancakes from xo breakfast. Kim Boyce wrote Good to the Grain, a much-loved in Foodie Land cookbook on baking with whole grains.
- Also from xo breakfast, a ridiculous sandwich. Like, in a terribly good way. Avocado, lettuce, tomato, fried egg and monteray jack cheese. Lord above. Pop on some bacon and I may have to marry it.
- And what I'm making for my boys today, whole wheat chocolate chip skillet cookies. 101 Cookbooks.
Monday, April 4, 2011
- 7 ways to make lentil soup. Mark Bittman
- A new take on granola with a tropical twist. Coconut & Lime
- Outstanding recipe collection - editors' picks for beans and grains at Food 52.
- The parsnip soup featured on Spilled Milk from Molly and Matthew. Orangette
- Chickpea salad with lemon, Parmesan and fresh herbs. Epicurious
- Baked white bean dip with rosemary and Parmesan. Pinch My Salt
- And a little chuckle from Cake Wrecks.