- Stir fried lentils, mushrooms and caramelized onions. Mark Bittman.
- Black bean chili with butternut squash. Bonne Appetit via Epicurious.
- Broccoli soup with leeks and thyme. Easy peasy. Also Bonne Appetit via Epicurious.
- Green bean salad with pickled red onions and fried almonds. Smitten Kitchen.
- Spaghetti with braised kale from The Kitchen Sink Recipes. Adapted from a Molly Wizenberg recipe for Bon Appetit.
- Sweet potato with warm black bean salad as part of Meatless Mondays at Eating Well magazine.
- Crockpot Mexican chili. Ridiculously easy. I would serve it with some cheese, low-fat sour cream and diced avocado at the table. From the Meatless Mondays website.
- Broccoli soup with quinoa and basil oil, halfway down the page in an article on the Meatless Mondays movement in the Star Telegram. Just remember to wash your quinoa before adding it; they neglect that in the directions and you will end up with bitter soup if you don`t.
- One pot kale and quinoa pilaf from food52. It also has goat cheese, walnut oil and toasted pine nuts. Yum. I`ll leave out the walnut oil (but those of you without a nut allergy, enjoy!).
- Finally, not entirely plant-based but because I am always on the lookout for a new and better way to roast a chicken, a gorgeous recipe that incorporates lots of veggies (parsnips, carrots, fennel and fingerling potatoes as well as onions). Lemon and onion roast chicken also from food52.
Monday, February 21, 2011
Monday's recipe links
This week, a bunch of great winter, plant-based recipes. Many of them are associated with the Meatless Monday`s movement where you give up meat on just this one day. Baby steps right? Do me a favour, try one, just one, of these dishes this week.